Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies

Alright!  I made more yummy cookies... but they don't look very appealing!  I think I need to study how to take better blog pictures because every time I try to take pictures of my baking items, they resemble poop.  Oh gosh. Maybe I just like to make things that resemble poop because I have a newborn? Who knows....

Anyway, here's how my cookies turned out:


And here's the recipe:

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies

To make the Chocolate Covered Part:

Melt in a double boiler:*

1 Ghiradelli Chocolate Bar
1 Tbsp Butter

Dip cookies in after the chocolate is melted.

*I don't have a double boiler so I just boiled water in a large pot and melted the chocolate in a smaller pot on top of the boiling water.


I have to figure out how to make the chocolate harden more.  In order for the chocolate to harden, I had to stick the cookies in the fridge.  This worked fine, except whenever I took a cookie out of the fridge, it would condensate.  AND> I burned myself on the oven door!  I seem to have a bad habit of pulling the oven door half way and pulling my items out, and as I was trying to pull my cookie sheet out of the oven, I rested my arm on the inside of the oven door!  What a dummie.  Now I have a quarter-size black scar on my arm that I hope will go away in time.  HJ's burn mark is still on his leg from months ago...

At least the cookies turned out good! hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment